Friday, February 21, 2014

Pass Mountain, Wind Cave Hike

This Thursday, we drove back into the Tonto National Forest and chose a slightly more difficult hike. Yvonne and I had hiked to Wind Cave before but it was a first for Doris, Julie and Sylvia.  This trail zig-zags up the west side of Usery Pass Mountain for an up and down distance of 3.2 miles and over 800 feet elevation change.

Thanks Doris for providing most of these pictures.
L-R: Julie, Yvonne, Sylvia and Doris



This is Wind Cave


Leaping Lizards, what is it Sylvia?

Some kinda lizard!!

OK, I like the sepia look even when nobody else does.


As if the hike wasn't enough to wear us out, we found ourselves back at the Leisure World pickleball courts by 3 o'clock in the afternoon.

Finally, back at the house I enjoy a pleasant surprise. From the back of the fridge, a forgotten birthday present. 
Thanks again Amy and Joel.

2 comments:

  1. Nice pictures again Dad. So you know.. I've started to play weekly badminton with the local Slocanites. I'm trying to stay in shape for my next LW visit. No messing around. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! Happy you took a photo of you enjoying that massive beer, I hope to get out there later this month to enjoy one with you :)

    ReplyDelete